Are you convinced that you have been mis-sold your mortgage? Well, you may be surprised to find out that you are not alone, as there are thousands of mis-sold mortgage victims that have been ill-advised just like you. Whether you are struggling to afford interest repayments or facing unexpected financial difficulty in retirement, you may be eligible to make a claim for mortgage mis-selling.
Here at Mis-sold Mortgage Experts, our expert mortgage solicitors are here to advise you on all aspects of financial mis-selling, including how we can help you make a successful claim for your mis-sold mortgage.
What is a mis-sold mortgage?
Mortgage mis-selling occurs when someone is wrongly advised on the type of mortgage they should take out. Recently, it has come to light that many mortgage brokers and advisors have recommended the wrong financial product for their clients. They have also failed to disclose vital information relating to the proposed mortgage.
There are a variety of ways in which a mortgage can be mis-sold and if you have experienced any of the following then may be entitled to make a claim:
- You were directed to take out an interest-only mortgage, which may appear affordable at first, as you are only required to pay off interest over a fixed term. However, what you may not have been told is that it is expensive in the long run, as you must then pay off a lump sum when the mortgage ends.
- When applying for a mortgage, you were advised to consolidate your existing debts by re-mortgaging, which has resulted in financial difficulty.
- You were offered a self-certification mortgage, which is a fast-track application that allows you to apply without proof of income. Whilst this is suitable for self-employed workers, it has extremely high interest rates, which means anyone who could provide proof of income may have been misinformed.
- If you are currently still paying off your mortgage after retirement and you were not informed that these payments would continue post-retirement.
- If you were told to take out a mortgage that did not match up with your individual financial requirements and you are now suffering financially.
What can Mis-sold Mortgage Experts do for you?
Here at Mis-sold Mortgage Experts, our professional solicitors are committed to giving you the best-quality advice and support that you need, in order to successfully claim compensation for your mis-sold mortgage.
We understand that claiming for a mis-sold mortgage can be an extensive and complicated process, which is why we are here to make it easier for you.
Firstly, we will ensure that you are entitled to a claim by conducting a basic questionnaire. Once we have confirmed that your claim is worthwhile pursuing, we will then send you an information pack and an authorisation letter, which confirms that we are your official representation for your mis-sold mortgage claim.
Once everything is authorised and confirmed, we can then contact your mortgage provider (if they are still in operation) and proceed with a no win no fee claim – enabling you to receive the compensation that you deserve.
If you believe you have been mis-sold your mortgage then we suggest you act fast, as there is a six-year deadline from the date your mortgage was taken out. Although, if it has only come to light within the last three years that you have been mis-sold, you may still be able to make a claim.
Contact Mis-sold Mortgage Experts today to make a claim
If you believe you are entitled to compensation for mortgage mis-selling, our expert mortgage solicitors can help you with your claim. For further information on our financial mis-selling services, get in touch with us today by calling us on 0800 756 3986, or alternatively, you can fill in our online contact form.